COVID-19 YOUTH SURVEY:
As we navigate this global health crisis, it is important we understand the perspectives of students and youth as we work together to address the needs of the community. We’ve learned through our work supporting schools and education that there is no substitute for the insights and expertise that youth offer in defining problems, designing solutions and evaluating the real impact of all our best efforts. We especially need them as we all seek to mitigate the impact that COVID-19 will have in deepening the inequities that already exist within our community.
As a result, StrivePartnership seeks to engage 1,000 youth from throughout the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky region through this crisis. The first phase of this engagement is through a survey modeled after work we’ve done over the past year with students in middle grade math. Based on the results of this first phase, there is a potential opportunity to build out a youth network that can provide valuable insights and opportunities as we navigate this crisis.
We’re asking for your help to get this survey in front of as many young people as you can to empower them and elevate their voices. The link to the survey can be found here and is being distributed throughout our network.
We will readily share with you the data and insights that we gather.
- Coronavirus at a glance. Click here.
- How families and roommates can effectively self-quarantine, self-isolate? Click here.
- What is social distancing and how can it slow the spread of Covid-19? Click here.
- How long can the virus that causes Covid-19 live on surfaces? Click here.
CITY & STATE RESOURCES:
- The City of Cincinnati has a dedicated COVID-19 Resource page and updates it regularly. Visit their website here.
- The Ohio Department of Health updates their website daily at 2pm. To reach a member of their health staff, you can call 1.833.427.5634, 9am – 8pm. Visit their website here.
- The Hamilton County Health Department has a dedicated COVID-19 Resource page. Visit their website here.
EDUCATION RESOURCES :
- To keep updated on Cincinnati Public Schools information, you can visit their website here.
- To keep updated on Covington Independent Public Schools information, you can visit their website here.
- To keep updated on Newport Independent Public Schools information, you can visit their website here.
- For Ohio Department of Education information, you can visit their website here.
- Governor DeWine announced April 3rd, a Remote Learning Resource Guide available on the state website. You can read the guide here.
- United Way, in partnership with the Greater Cincinnati Foundation has developed a COVID-19 Regional Response Fund, now close to $3 million, which is activated to provide relief to our community during this time. They have already invested almost $700,000 in organizations serving those most affected by this crisis.
LOCAL FOOD RESOURCES:
- Cincinnati Public Schools will provide free breakfast and lunch during summer break from May 27th – August 14th, 2020. Visit their website here for more information.
- The Freestore Foodbank is able to assist with food, connection and hope. Visit their website here.
LOCAL PARTNER RESOURCES:
Local leaders from The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, The Cincinnati Recreation Commission, The YMCA of Greater Cincinnati and The Cincinnati Museum Center, joined together for an important message about how their organizations are there for the community during the COVID-19. Be sure to check out the YouTube video here.
- 4C for Children COVID-19: Information for Families and Providers, including updates from state agencies with recorded webinar links. As you probably know, child care has been issued to close in both Kentucky and Ohio and many providers are responding to provide temporary child care for essential workers (healthcare, first responders, nursing home facilities, etc.) during this pandemic crisis.
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center: Find out what patients need to know, new visitor policy and more.
- Cincinnati Museum Center: The Cincinnati Museum allows you to watch videos on-line and other ways to engage with their collections.
- Cincinnati Preschool Promise: Their website has a wide range of resources, including provider updates and family resources.
- Cincinnati Public Library: The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County has a host of online resources, all free with a library card. They also are providing snack service at various locations and storytime.
- Cincinnati Recreation Commission: CRC will open 17 summer camps and 7 pools beginning June 8th. For more information, visit their website here.
- Hamilton County Department of Job & Family Services: Visit their website for updates to JFS Services.
- The Center for Closing the HealthGap has a dedicated one-stop, COVID-19 resource page, which can be found here. In addition, they have been holding Virtual Town Halls on Saturdays and the next one is scheduled for May 30th, 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- MyPre-K Reading Tips and Tricks: In partnership with Learning Grove, a United Way agency partner operating in Ohio and NKY, thet created a blog to aid parents in reading books to their children at home.
- UWGC Social Service Support for COVID19 Response: Online resource United Way has provided for social service agencies to share supports for families. You may consider looking here for resources you can then post to your social media for families to access.
- YMCA of Greater Cincinnati: The Y is beginning to open several of their locations. For more information, check their website here.
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES:
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center – visit the website here.
- Teaching Tolerance – visit the website here.
- Joining Forces for Children – visit the website here.
- Crisis Support Hotline at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center: 513.636.4124
PANDEMIC CHILDCARE RESOURCES:
- To see the list of Pandemic Programs, which is updated twice a day by the State, click here.
A new federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Program will help more individuals ineligible for state unemployment benefits. You can read more here.
- Ohio Unemployment – If you have become unemployed and need to file a claim in Ohio, you can visit the website here.
- Kentucky Unemployment – If you have become unemployed and need to file a claim in Kentucky, you can visit the website here.
- Indiana Unemployment – If you have become unemployed and need to file a claim in Indiana, you can visit the website here.
- Cincinnati Zoo is doing Facebook live daily at 3pm. Visit their website here.
- Crayola has created a landing page full of lessons, activities, and ideas. Visit their website here.
- PBS Kids has lots of fun activities. Visit their website here.
- Scholastic has a lot of Learn from Home activities. Visit their website here.
- Wordplay Cincinnati has some fun activities available. Visit their website here.